The Review: Quick Link Round-Up
June 18, 2012 § 4 Comments
I hope to have a review posted for Sergio Chejfec’s The Planets within the next day or so. In the meantime, here’s a round-up of the items that caught my eye last week.
- Levi Asher discusses Why Reading Is Always Social over on LitKicks.
- The NYRB Blog has this post by Tim Parks entitled Most Favored Nations, and this older post The Dull New Global Novel about the homogenization of International Literature.
- A breakdown of the upcoming Gatsby film – The Great Gatsby Trailer… Deglitzed – by The Picky Girl
- This post at The Three Percent that (in a way) answers my question about the READ RUSSIA! anthology put out by Overlook Press at BEA. The Russia Library Initiative: For Better or Worse . I first learned that Overlook has made an arrangement to publish 125 Russian translations over the next decade from the Three Percent’s Weekly Podcast… but the blog goes into more depth.
- I also learned about The Walk by Robert Walser on another podcast – Episode 3 of That Other Word from The Center for the Art of Translation. It’s a beautiful New Directions Pearl Edition (all of which I love & covet).
Sharing is sexy!
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)